Miami, Floridaconstruction litigation attorney
Whether you’re involved in a simple home remodel or complex commercial construction, disputes can cost you time and money, rob you of the enjoyment of your property, and seriously threaten your business. For more than 20 years, the Law Offices of Michael J. Yates, P.L. has helped clients who were mired in controversy get relief and move their projects forward. He represents clients involved in all aspects of construction, including, businesses, general contractors, subcontractors, developers, lenders, bond and surety companies, design professionals, and suppliers of materials. He negotiates, arbitrates, mediates and litigates cases arising from:
- Breach of contract
- Construction bond claims
- Condominium and Subdivision Liability
- Construction defect
- Construction delay
- Mechanic’s liens and material man’s liens
- Project and Components Warranty Liability
- Property, land use and zoning
- Public bidding
- Right of way
- Subcontractor performance
Thorough investigation by a knowledgeable professional
Establishing fault in construction cases often requires specialized knowledge of industry practices and standards. Attorney Yates collaborates with qualified experts commonly used in construction defect cases, including general contractors, structural engineers, soil engineers, geo-technical engineers, statisticians and architects. He also employs state-of-the-art diagnostics and analyses to fortify your case.
Mediation and arbitration services
Often parties can avoid expense and delay by mediating disputes about provisions in construction contracts. Moreover, many construction contracts have clauses that require non-binding or binding arbitration to resolve disputes. Attorney Yates has experience representing parties at arbitration and mediation proceedings. He often negotiates lasting solutions that save his clients time and money and allow them to get their projects back on track.
Fair and just compensation
If you have been harmed by a construction defect or a contractor’s or subcontractor’s failure to perform, you are entitled to ample compensation covering:
- Actual damages, including the past and future costs of repairing and restoring your damaged property and any contents damaged due to the defect such as lost project profits, contract balances and acceleration costs
- For the loss of the use and enjoyment of your property, including inconvenience, aggravation, and discomfort
- Compensation for appraisal fees, storage charges and cleaning costs incurred
- Compensation for the reasonable cost of rental of similar property during periods when your property could not be used
- Under limited circumstances, exemplary or punitive damages, intended to punish a defendant and deter particularly malicious or reckless conduct in the future
- Interest on your damages as permitted by law
- Attorney fees and costs if provided for in your contract or by statue
Effective litigation defense and protection of your rights
Whether you are sued for defective work or delay, or your project is thrown into chaos by a monetary claim that affects your funding or bonding capacity, the firm is well equipped and experienced in providing litigation defense protecting your rights and mitigating damages.
Contact the Law Offices of Michael J. Yates, P.L. today
Every moment of delay is costing you money. To assert your rights in your construction dispute, call the Law Offices of Michael J. Yates, P.L. in Miami at 305-666-8100 or contact his office online to schedule an appointment today.